Getting recruited by one of the largest Indian government bodies, the Indian railways, is a dream for thousands of government job aspirants. The Railway Recruitment Board aka RRB recruits qualified and eligible candidates from various vacancies in the Indian railways by conducting a number of examinations from time to time.
Those seeking to get a lucrative railway job, Maha Free Job Alrt is the portal to keep an eye on for all latest updates on railway jobs. This platform allows the candidates to get notified about any new opening in the Indian Railways or any new examination being conducted by RRB. Whether one is looking for jobs in Group A & B staff posts to become gazetted officers or in Group C & D posts to become non-gazetted employees, this portal will keep them posted about the same. Apart from the notifications, one can also get sample question paper, syllabus, preparation material for the railway job exams etc. Simply register on Maha Free Job Alrt and get notified about any new advertisement by RRB in the contact details provided by you.
Central Railway Sr. Resident – 7 Vacancy Diploma/ DM/ DNB/ PG Degree -Last Date:07-08-2019 Get Details..
Central Railway Electrical Junior Engineer – 5 Vacancy Diploma (Engg), Degree (Electrical Engg) Last Date 05-08-2019 Get Details..
South Eastern Railway Scouts & Guides Quota – 20 Posts 10th, 12th Class Last Date: 05-08-2019 Get Details.
West Central Railway Nurse Superintendent, Dietcian, Health and Malaria Inspector & Other – 11 Vacancy Diploma, B.Sc,
M.Sc, DMLT Last Date: 18,19,22-07-2019-Walk in Get Details.
CRIS Assistant Software Engineer – 50 Vacancy BE/ B.Tech/ B.Sc/ MCA/ ME/ M.Tech Last Date:07-08-2019 Get Details..
This page lists all currently ongoing railway jobs. All over India there are 17 zones and 71 divisions (under those 17 zones) in Indian Railways. 17th zone is setup as an independent zone in 2010. Each division is managed by Divisional Railway Manager (DRM).
The 17 zones and their headquarters are
1. Central Railway (CR) – Mumbai
2. East Central Railway (ECR) – Hajipur
3. East Coast Railway (ECoR) – Bhubaneswar
4. Eastern Railway (ER) – Kolkata
5. North Central Railway (NCR) – Allahabad
6. North Eastern Railway (NER) – Gorakhpur
7. North Western Railway (NWR) – Jaipur
8. Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) – Guwahati
9. Northern Railway Railway (NR) – Delhi
10. South Central Railway (SCR) – Secunderabad
11. South East Central Railway (SECR) – Bilaspur
12. South Eastern Railway (SER) – Kolkata
13. South Western Railway (SWR) – Hubli
14. Southern Railway (SR) – Chennai
15. West Central Railway (WCR) – Jabalpur
16. Western Railway (WR) – Mumbai
17. Metro Railway, Kolkata – Kolkata
There are four types of group level jobs. They are Group A and Group B (Gazetted) and Group C and D (Non-gazetted).
Each of these groups will have both technical and non-technical cadre.
1. Group A Posts Recruitment:UPSC does the recruitment for this category by
conducting a written exam, interview/group discussion as necessary.
Exams conducted for this category : Civil Service Exam, Engineering Service Exam, and Combined Medical Service Examination.
Through the civil services exam, the following services are included:
a. Indian Railway Accounts Service
b. Indian Railway Traffic Service
c. Indian Railway Personnel Service
d. Railway Protection Force (RPF)
Through the Combined Engineering Services Exam, the following services are included.
a.Indian Railway Stores Service
b.Indian Railway Service of Engineers
c.Railway service of Signal Engineers
d.Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers
e.Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers
2. Group B Posts Recruitment:There is no direct recruitment for Group B posts. Group C employees are promoted as Group B officers.
3. Group C Posts Recruitment:The Group C posts both technical and non technical recruitment are conducted by 19 Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs) across all zones in Indian Railways.
Non Technical Posts: Some of the Non-Technical posts are Assistant Station Masters, Trains Clerks, Clerks, Ticket Collectors, Commercial Apprentice, Traffic Apprentice and others.
Technical Posts: Technical engineers in Signal, Telecommunication, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and others.
4. Group D Posts Recruitment:The Group D recruitment is done by Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) at the divisional level. Some of posts in this group are the gunman, Safaiwala, Trackman, peon, tracker and others